Company Owner Profile - Megan Harris Allan
Megan Harris Allan is a dynamic and outgoing, enthusiastic, left-handed and proudly South African woman. She has an active mind and active life, and also has a passion for all things creative.
Megan embarked on a career in the Shipping Industry under the employment of Phoenix Shipping (Pty) Ltd in Durban in 1998, having left her marketing position in the Tourism Industry. She then moved on to Grindrod's Ocean Africa Container Lines (OACL) as Commercial Manager and also later as Freight Manager.Between these two companies she accumulated 9 years experience in Ship Operating and Commercial Management. It was at Ocean Africa that she once again took up her interest in marketing and public relations.
Megan completed the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) '"Qualifying Examinations" in 2003 and became a member the same year. Her membership was promoted to Fellowship status in 2006. Megan also holds a Business Management Diploma in Public Relations which she completed in 2004, and she furthermore completed extensive management training with Ocean Africa. She has held various committee membership positions over the last 10 years with The Institute of Administration & Commerce (IAC), Toastmasters, and also the ICS. Megan served as an active member of the Executive Committee of the South African Branch of the ICS between 2003 and 2009, and also held the position of SA Branch Director, as well as International Marketing Consultant for the Institute's Head Office in London.
In February 2007, she opened the doors to Megan Harris Marketing Consultancy, consequently allowing her to actively pursue her passion for creative thought, through the provision and implementation of marketing, public relations and communications strategy solutions.
Megan's Leadership Roles, Positions & Memberships
- General Manager at Wilhelm Import Network (Pty) Ltd
- Director at Digital Sauce (Pty) Ltd
- Honorary Life Member at the IAC (www.iacsa.co.za)
- Leadership Team at Grace Family Church, Ballito
- Regional Marketing Consultant for Africa at the ICS (www.ics.org.uk)
- SA Branch Director at the ICS (www.icssa.co.za)
- Candidate Officer at 105 Squadron, South African Air Force Reserves
- Member of the OACL EE Committee 2006
- Member of the Women's International Shipping & Trade Association (WISTA)
- Chairman of OACL Social Development Committee 2005
- Executive Director of the IAC
- Chairman 2002 - 2004 of the KZN Regional Committee of the IAC
- Member of Toastmasters International, Umhlanga Club
- President of Umhlanga Toastmasters 2004
- Public Relations Officer of Umhlanga Toastmasters Club 2005